20090611

amarettoplumsour

I forgot to take pictures of my plum jam before giving them away, thanked to Vita 's post, I borrowed 2 from her blog.

Before plum jam, I also made mulberry jam and tomato jam, and all of the ingredients were FREE! That’s the advantages of living here in Taitung!

This April, during Tomb-Sweeping Day weekend, I got a chance to visit an abandoned plum orchard of the mother-in-law of my friend, Guan. They showed me how to harvest plums with bamboo stick and shared with me different recipes for plum jam, plum wine, plum vinegar, and conserved plums…etc.

I couldn’t reveal how many bottles of jam I made because some friends of mine might get upset. Anyway, here comes the real point why I want to post these 2 pics: Can you see my paper-cut logo on the jam bottle? I kept the shape as simple as possible since I decided to cut each piece with scissor, not with knife.

Again, I enjoyed the process very much because every mouth and pair of eyes were a bit different. And the outer circle somewhat looked like raising arms holding together.

Can’t wait to make another kind of jam next time!

P.S.1 Vita had no cheap whisky that night, so she replaced with Bacardi, Absoult Vodka and Brandy. She also added some lime juice and fresh lemon juice.
P.S.2 My version of amaretto plum sour needs 1 part plum jam, 1 part whisky, 1 part amaretto and enough ice.


C-マンション

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like both, plum jam and paper-cut logo.

Chris said...

That's very artistic. You impressed me...in a lot of way!
Alan was asking if you can send us some through the airmail :)
Just kidding! But we do miss you two!

Tim Budden said...

I enjoyed looking at your cuts. Loved your Mom's letter and the Godot cut. Reminded me of Matisse. I am a paper cutting artist living in Taipei. Paper cutting helps me make sense of myself and my life here as a foreigner!